Monday, July 3, 2017

Best friends

I went out to dinner with my mom tonight. We had a nice time and talked about a ton of important stuff. As we were getting ready to leave, one oh my oldest friends called me telling me he was having a bon fire and that I should come by. I said I might and then he added that my best friend from elementary school was coming too. We hadn't been close since back then and hadn't seen or heard from each other since high school ended over 5 years ago. But that was all I needed to know. I was going. I was excited. I was more than excited. Maybe because our friendship took place at a time in my life when I was still innocent, it was one of the very few things left in my memories that hadn't been tainted by someone or something. Its still pure. And she is one of two people from my past that I can think of off the top of my head that hasn't hurt me. And so I went tonight. And it was great. I want to hang out with get again. I want to be friends again. Because this made me so happy. She has always been surrounded by such a positive energy. Can friendships that drifted apart so long ago be revived?

No comments:

Post a Comment